First I want to say that Tom Waits is perfect. Simply perfect.
He sent a series of pictures with strange messages attached and lo and behold it was an incredible video!
Second I want to say that now the movie Girlfriend (starring Evan Sneider, Shannon Woodward and Jackson Rathbone) is available on demand and on DVD. This movie is phenomenal.
Evan is a young man with Down Syndrome who lives with his mother in a poor, working-class town hit hard by the recent economic recession. When he unexpectedly comes into a large amount of money, Evan uses it to romantically pursue Candy, a girl from town whom he has loved since high school.
Candy, now a barely-employed single mom, is facing financial debt, possible eviction, and the inability to rid herself of Russ, her abusive and volatile ex-boyfriend. In no position to turn down Evan’s offers of financial support, Candy hesitantly accepts his gifts, which causes the pair to enter a complicated emotional entanglement.
When Russ catches on to Candy and Evan’s relationship, all three of them become intertwined in a complex triangle of secrets, jealousy and revenge. Despite his many hardships and the seeming impossibility of Candy being able to return his love, Evan struggles to remain a resilient, pure embodiment of human compassion.
Honestly now that this is available on DVD, I think that this will slowly become the movie of the year. It’s won all kinds of awards and it’s always well received.
- 2011, won Gotham Awards Audience Award
- 2011, won Audience Award for ‘Best U.S. Feature Film’ at Mill Valley Film Festival (in a tie with Pariah (2011 film))
- 2011, won Audience Award for ‘Best of the Fest’ at Woods Hole Film Festival
- 2011, won Jury Award for ‘Best Narrative Feature Film’ at Woods Hole Film Festival
- 2011, won ‘Best Feature Film’ at White Sands International Film Festival.
- 2011, won ‘Best Director’ (Justin Lerner) at White Sands International Film Festival
If you get the opportunity, you should totally check this movie out. I am honored to have been given the opportunity to contribute to this film and am proud of every person involved. Congrats to all of them on the release!
Finally, Sorry for not getting to blog last night. Once I got home from work, I crashed hard!
Love and Smooches,